NightwatchJs is a node.js based custom implementation of W3C WebDriver API. Using NighwatchJs, one can test end to end of any browser based web application or websites.
Main Features of NightWatchJs include following
- Clean syntax which allows one to automate browser native user actions like click, type, etc.
- Built-in test runner with a ton of features to run test by group, in parallel or sequential manner.
- Grunt support
- Allows one to control selenium server by starting/stopping whenever tests are initialized.
- Remote selenium server support
- Cloud providers support include Sauce Labs, BrowserStack
- Continuous Integration tools support include Jenkins, TeamCity, Hudson etc.
- Reporting support include JUnit XML report and also an in-built reporting format.
- And by the way as all other JS libraries, it is extensible easily – One can write custom commands, assertions
EXAMPLES/TUTORIALS TO FOLLOW.